POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Field rendering question : Re: Field rendering question Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering question
From: Scott Moore
Date: 3 May 2002 08:21:27
Message: <vnv4du0p2ditk649ustosq2er9jueubqbm@4ax.com>
On Fri, 03 May 2002 13:05:09 +0100, Scott Moore <sdm### [at] zoomcouk>
wrote:

>Hmm, the output images I've seen of POV and 3ds for similar animations
>with field rendering turned on are definitely not the same.
>
>I'll post some images to povray.binaries.images to show what I mean.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Scott
On second thoughts, I won't post some images - I see where you're
coming from. <thinking out loud> If you want a 100 frame interlaced
animation you need to produce 200 images using POV with field
rendering turned on and then use another tool to interlace them into
the final 100 frames. Hmm, 3ds max is doing this final step for you.
</thinking out loud>

What I'm saying is that maybe POV could be modified to do this for
you? So if you want a 100 frame interlaced animation POV will output
100 correctly interlaced frames.

Ah well, just a thought anyway.

Bye,

Scott